Are YOU Ready to Learn How to Get Your Headlines Explode Your Online Business?
Last week I did a training about creating powerful headlines, tweets, facebook posts and newsletters titles..You are the product.. Create your own promotional opportunity. Share knowledge that people can use practical advice ASAP . In a busy world nobody has time to read the full story and they want INSTANT delivery.
Note: Create a hook- If you want to get message across you must capture attention like a hook. Your bate should be sweet, authentic rich, exciting and unique
What is a good headline?
- Clarity- headline should describe your story and share message on the first try. It has to stand out! Readers do not want to solve puzzles they want information
- Short headline…focus on the main keywords you want to use as hooks to get attention. Here is what you do..
- Witty headlines- smart, sharp, controversial, upfront.
- Witty but still clear- do not get distracted from the purpose of your message
- It is Current and shows current news and updates
- Use of buzz words from your niche but only for your niche not anybody else..
- Write a summary in one sentence. Do not worry about how long it should be..Just go and write.
- Underline each word that does not make sense or is not important in getting your story out
- Circle with a different color the words that are essential
- Write a new sentence with circled words
- Sleep on it…Wait till tomorrow or at least few hours before your publish it.
Exercise # 2
- Take a flash card or oversized business cards or cut the paper the same size as a flash card.
- Write your headline on the back of your card. Can you do it? If it is too long, then idea is not clear. Write a new one.
- Take old magazines in your niche and cut the headlines that fit your story and try to mix and match…It will open your creative flow
What if you are totally green…brand new?
- Write your story first
- Write 4 headlines for your blog or press release and then give yourself few hours then come back. If they are bad and you feel blah…write new ones.
- If you are feeling stuck, ask for help in your facebook groups and among biz collegues
- If the idea is limited and you feel stuck you should develop a new idea or new angle that is easier for you.
- Readers are headlines hungry! They want it now, short, clear, clever and fun!
Thank you and have a great week